Learn about the origins of La Quinta Resort & Club, the original and quintessential Palm Springs resort, now a famed retreat home to championship golf.
The Early 1920s
Enlisting the help of renowned architect Gordon B. Kauffman, with a vision to build a tranquil retreat capturing the essence of hacienda-style living, the first casitas and dining room of La Quinta Resort and Club took form.
- Scores of artisan crafstmen assisted with the build
- 10,000 hand-formed adobe bricks were crafted
- Each 60, 000 original roof tiles were locally fired
A Desert Oasis for Hollywood Elite
Word quickly spread throughout Hollywood that Morgan’s desert oasis provided an escape from the limelight – and prying eyes – and many celebrities descended to La Quinta throughout the years.
- Garbo enjoyed the seclusion
- Gable rollicked with friends
- Frank Capra found his “Shangri-La of screenwriting”
La Quinta Resort & Club Today
Now a relaxed playground for championship golf and tennis, fine dining, and blissful spa experiences, La Quinta Resort & Club remains the original desert hideaway and the quintessential Palm Desert resort.
- Five championship golf courses
- 41 onsite pools
- Yoga and mindfulness retreats