Our Commitment to Green
La Quinta Resort & Club and PGA WEST incorporate policies to ensure that we are constantly mindful of our impact on the planet. From our housekeeping services and landscaping, to our restaurants and golf courses, we continuously evaluate how to further reduce our carbon and waste footprint.
Below is a brief overview of the green programs we currently have in place:
RECYCLING & COMPOSTING
- New composting machine that converts all left over food from restaurants and catered events into mulch. Mulch is then being used throughout the property in flower beds.
- Filtered water runoff from the composting machine is being used for irrigation and filling up golf cart batteries. Recycling receptacles are in all back-of-house areas.
- Dedicated compactor used for cardboard recycling. Recycling of old fluorescent bulbs and batteries through a recycling collection company.
- Recycling of old motors, ACs, anything containing copper or metal, through recycling center. Composting of all grass at the resort and golf courses.
- Audubon International Certification on all 9 golf courses at La Quinta Resort, PGA WEST and Citrus Club.
- Integrated Pest Management Program (IPM)- spraying insecticides and fungicides only as certain thresholds have been exceeded.
- Microbial program, which naturally reduces algae and assists with lowering the need for introduction of chemicals in our lakes.
- Slow release fertilizers/ foliar fertilizers to avoid run-off.
- Recycling Program with our on-course trash.
- Composting of green waste (clippings and tree branches).
- Irrigation audits of the current irrigation system.
- New VFD pump stations are being installed to improve on electric usage.
SPA LA QUINTA
- Naturopathica, skin care and body care line made from all natural ingredients. Recently introduced new organic product lines including Davines hair and body care, Spa Ritual, La Bella Donna Mineral Make-up and Hero for Men.
- Spa La Quinta designed and developed Organic Body Care Products. Water conservation through menu change to minimize wet-treatments.
- Aluminum and plastic recycling.
- Non-disposable body treatment aprons.
- Sales/Catering/Convention Services are e-distributing proposals, brochures and all internal correspondence to reduce paper usage.
- Older furnishings, linens, curtains, dish ware and bedding are being donated to local animal shelters. Earth Day participation and ongoing energy, water conservation.
- Linen and towel reuse program for multiple-night guests.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
- Reduction and elimination of styrofoam product in food and beverage outlets.
- Local and organic sourcing of pesticide-free food.
- New kitchen equipment that is 60% more energy efficient has been purchased.